Tuesday, December 1, 2009

weird

Today
I found myself
in a situation a girl doesn't get into every day.

Tyler had called 4:30ish
and told me he thought we should go to the Patriot's game.
And
rather than tell him all the reasons it wouldn't work
I said, "Okay."
That
is how I found myself
at 6:32 in the evening
with absolutely nothing to do.
Lexi had fallen asleep in the car
and I didn't want to wake her;
she really needed the sleep!
So I decided to just wait for her
and climbed in the back seat to sit next to her.
I had no book
no writing utensil
no paper.
I had my phone
but didn't want to risk waking the girl
by calling someone.
And so I sat
doing nothing
for about 45 minutes.
Weird, I tell ya!

1 comment:

  1. I remember traveling with your mom and Bill in France when that happened to me! Of course naptime ended when a gang of Harley's went by! No way to join the cave tour, I sat and sat...

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)