Wednesday, October 26, 2016

siding and the back porch


Siding is finally going on the house this week!!


Which meant that I had to get the back porch ceiling
(not to be confused with the front porch ceiling!)
painted.


I foolishly went out there late Thursday morning
thinking I could prime,
run to 2 grocery stores
put said groceries away
and paint
all before Tyler came home.

am
hilarious!!

The first coat of primer took  over 4 1/2 hours.

The second coat only took 3,
as did the 2 coats of paint.

So,
what I thought would take a day
took 4.


But it looks pretty fabulous if I do say so myself.


And the siding guys are making fantastic progress :-)


(also - the electric company came yesterday - we now have power out to the house!!)


3 comments:

  1. Going to look so good. Painting always takes longer than one thinks it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a wonderful home for you and your family! So exciting to be part of so many steps of building it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you can laugh in the face of such a brutal reality check! Lol!
    All your work is paying off - your new place is looking Bee-Eee-Aaay-UUU-tiful!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)