Monday, July 21, 2008

small world

Tyler and I have been wanting to take
Dave Ramsey's
for quite some time.
We figured we'd better get a move on it
'cause if we don't get it in before Baby arrives
it'll be another year...
~
I got on Dave's website a few days ago
and printed off some class options.
Turns out
there's a class starting in about a month
just a mile and a half from the house!
Being a small town girl
I wasn't real comfortable just registering online;
I wanted to talk to the coordinators.
You know,
make sure we'd be welcome and all
instead of showing up
"Ta-da! We're here!"
~
There was no contact information
so I looked up the name of the class coordinator
in the phone book.
Small town and all....
There was only one person with that last name
so I took my chances.
~
Yes
I had the right people
but I needed to call back later and talk to the mom.
I ask her name.
You know,
so I don't sound like a complete idiot when I call back....
"Mavis"
I think, "Unusual name. I used to work with a Mavis.
Wonder if its her?
Nah, she'd be, like, near 60 now...."
~
I called after I got the kids in bed.
We talk a few minutes
then she says, "What did you say your name was?"
I tell her.
She says, "I know that name. I can see it on e-mail..."
~
Anyways
we figured out
that we've never actually met
but our paths have crossed
through different homeschool things
through the years.
Small world, huh?
~
and
it turns out
If I'd have just registered online
The class would have cost us $30 more!

5 comments:

  1. cool, that's awesome, Momma!
    So glad you found one close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep ~ you know her?

    I was pretty tickled ~ what's could be more thrifty than only driving a mile to FPU??
    Okay, I suppose WALKING would be ~ but I guess I'm just not THAT frugal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do know her and I've always enjoyed being around her. She's hilarious! I hope you have a chance to get to know her. You have some things in common....a lot of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave Ramsey would be proud! :o)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)