Friday, July 18, 2008

stood up

"Pearl's not here"
he says when I walk up.
"What do you mean not here?"
"She told somebody that I was coming
and to take care of me
then she got on the Lunch Bunch Bus."
~
just yesterday
Tyler dropped in to visit one of our 'little old ladies'
to make sure she'd be around today
so we could come have lunch with her
at her retirement home
(I know - not my idea of a date, either
and it was Fish Day, to boot!)
She told him to be sure to bring someone.
Silly us;
we thought she wanted to visit with one/some of the kids
but apparently
she wanted to be sure
that Tyler would have company for lunch.
Cause she was hopping on the Lunch Bunch Bus.
~
Stood up by a little old lady!
who'd a thunk?!

2 comments:

  1. oh my!
    Well, what did you all do for lunch? Hopefully not fish :^P

    ReplyDelete
  2. we went to Gringo's :-)

    but ~ they did tell Dad we were welcome to stay. He told them that his wife wasn't a huge fish fan, saying nothing of his own aversion to fish... in additon to the 'catch of the day', sauteed spinach was also on the menu. No wonder she hopped on the bus!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)