Monday, May 9, 2011

trash or treasure?


Call me silly - but I think the one on the right is a keeper.

Not everyone in the house thinks so;
I found the McD's trash
(incidentally, skip the frozen strawberry lemonade; go to Sonic!)
in a place of honor on the windowsill
and had to go digging through 3 days of trash
to rescue the spill-proof, BPA free polycarbonate one
??
Does make me wonder what other treasures
may have been deemed trash.
Especially since in my brief digging,
I also found a napkin, a comb, and a peanut butter jar lid...

ooh - trash digging.
That reminds me;
today is a great day to dumpster dive at the 
cemetery :-)
~
which further reminds me...
here's a post from a year ago that I never actually posted:

It was drizzling when I pulled up.
A white car drove slowly past;
the driver paid me no mind .
I stepped out of the car into the mist
and moved swiftly.
From the other side of the smoke colored glass,
I could hear the children cackling.
* * * * *
Growing up in Chicago Heights,
we had a neighbor,
Leroy.
Leroy loved to roam the neighborhood on trash day
looking for treasures.
When he found one
he'd drag it home
and proudly declare it,
"Brand new, almost"
***********

As we drove down the bumpy road
heading for home
Jeremiah threw back his head and laughed,
"That's the first time I ever saw you go dumpster diving!"
I'm thinking after Memorial Day we'll go again.
The kids want to help me next time.
(Tyler will be glad to go to work)

I never go junkin' that I don't remember Leroy
and when I brought these babies home
I said to no one in particular,
"Brand new. Almost."
Who knew such treasures could be found
in the dumpster
at the cemetery?

lest there be any confusion - we found the flower, not the baby :-)

You find any treasures in the trash lately??

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)