Thursday, June 23, 2011

I need help.

I
have got to be
the biggest idiot
in the world.

Since I was on the south side of FSM
I decided I'd run by the firework tents 
so I could make a list of prices.
Figured it'd save time and driving back and forth between tents
when we take the kids.
I exited the bypass
and turned right.
And didn't see one single firework tent.
I drove a mile or so down 71
- you know -
just in case they were further down the road than I remembered.
But I was pretty sure there were right by the bypass....
I didn't recognize anything.
Not only was there no place to buy fireworks,
there were businesses
(that didn't exactly look new)
where the tents should have been.
Baffled,
I got back on the interstate and headed home
and called Tyler 
to ask him 
to ask the guy he works with who runs a stand
where they moved to.
Never once
did it dawn on me
I'd taken the wrong exit.

I clearly need help!


6 comments:

  1. I think you are being a teeny bit hard on yourself! I get lost in my home town ALL THE TIME! maybe it just runs in the family? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot girl! There are a WHOLE bunch of mommas who've done this! You should talk to my kids about all the things I've done... Nevermind - scratch that. That would take too long. I'm a total ditz when it comes to directions. I think you're just fine the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty hilarious when I realized what I'd done - but, come on, thinking that THREE firework tents (that have been there for years) ALL moved and new businesses (that didn't look new!) sprung up in their place (in a year's time...)is awfully stupid.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... i would do that, too. it probably does run in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was the time when I was on my way back to college with some friends and headed down the interstate going the wrong direction. 16 miles later we were back where we had started.
    Not as bad though as the woman who stopped at the west bound rest stop (just a few miles from the South Dakota/ Minnesota border) and asked Donald how far to Chicago. She had been driving from Eastern Wisconsin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. makes me feel warm and fuzzy- I have learned to embrace the
    ding-a-ling part of me : )
    and yes it does run in the family!
    Don't ya just see the Lord grinning sometimes at us!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)