Saturday, February 9, 2013

laundry expository


I  don't make my kids do laundry.
There.
I said it.

I've often thought it was due to some laziness on my part;
it's easier to just do it all myself, than to devise some scheduled system
that I would have to stay accountable to.
(I'm not terribly good with schedules)

It's also due, in part, to my perfectionist tendencies;
I'm good with laundry.
(I am the stain ninja, after all ;-)
And I like laundry done the way I do it.
I have a system, and it works for me.
(when the hamper is nearly full, I wash what's in it - that's my system ;-)

Just so we're clear, all children over the age of 5 do know how to do laundry,
(Adult males in the household are an entirely different story... ;-)
and I have a chart hanging inside of a cabinet, telling how to wash what
and what temperature to dry it on.
Occasionally, everyone has to pitch in and fold.
And often I have someone grab a particular hamper for me.
(we have one for whites, one for towels, and one for coloreds. A separate basket in our bedroom houses line-dry items)
I just don't require that people do their own laundry.

More than my perfectionism, laziness, and pride though,
is the simple fact that one of the ways I love my family,
is with laundry.
Washing it.
Drying it.
Folding it just so.
(It's not all gushy; it makes me crazy to find folded clothes in the laundry hamper - just like it does every other mom.)

I do a lot of laundry.
So,
I must love my family an awful lot ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I do all our laundry too, just so I know its done right! no fuzzy white lint on my black clothes, ect!! sometimes its just better that way! love all youins!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do!
    and I love you!
    mom

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)