Monday, August 8, 2016

10 things


In honor of our 29th wedding anniversary today,
I was going to be clever
 and write up "29 things you should know..."
but really,
I don't even know 29 things
 you should know about love and marriage.
I just know a few.


1.
Love isn't all about butterflies in your stomach at the thought/sight of your man.

2.
But there are still butterflies....
:-)

3.
It is absolutely foolish to pick apart your man.
Stop it!

4.
Say "yes" 
every time it is humanly possible.
(without rolling your eyes, huffing & puffing, sighing, etc)

5.
Figure out what makes your man feel loved
and do it.

(It is very likely that his love language is not your love language,
so this could take some work)

6.
When he speaks to you in his love language,
instead of your own,
recognize that that is love too.

7.
Believe him when he tells you you're beautiful.
(And thank God he's got awful vision)

8.
Don't hold mistakes over his head.
Seriously; there is no good to be had
 by a woman making her man feel small.
(men all over the world 
are cringing at the sight of 'small' and 'man' 
together
in the same sentence ;-)

9.
Sex is not a tool to be used to control/reward/punish your man.

I cannot tell you how sad it makes me
when women use it as such.

It is the one thing
that makes a marriage relationship 
different from all others.

10.
Choose love.

~

Happy Anniversary, My Love.
Thank-you for marrying me.
For choosing me, out of all the women in the world.
Thank you for being faithful.
to me,
and to God.
Thank you for making me want to be a better me.
and for loving me, unconditionally.
Thanks for all these kids.
And for never complaining 
when my sewing crap explodes all over the house.
You are my world
and I'd take 
you 
over a million dollars
and a house on the beach. XO

12 comments:

  1. Well, make me cry why don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such good advice! You are an amazing wife! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you've got all that down already, Rachel. (and you are such a sweet momma to your precious kids!!)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on 29 years together - such an achievement in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to both of you! A great list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wise words. Our 23rd anniversary was a couple of weeks ago. Trying to be a good wife, a Godly wife, has stretched me in ways I could have never imagined 23 years ago. Marriage has been my greatest teacher and refiner's fire. All worth it though! Your words really capture so much of what I've learned as well. Happy anniversary! Thank you to you and your husband for adding good to the world through your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww ~ thanks, Ida! Congratulations to you and your hubby, too!!

      Delete
    2. awww ~ thanks, Ida! Congratulations to you and your hubby, too!!

      Delete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)