Wednesday, August 31, 2016

what's up Wednesday



Tyler and I spent all day Saturday
prepping them.
We finished squaring them,
then ran every board through the router with the tongue bit
twice.

My shoulders and back were killing me on Sunday,
but there was no rest for the weary.
He made me get back out there 
and work for a few hours in the afternoon/early evening.


Working with the groove bit is slower going,
and takes muscle.

Fortunately,
we've got a long weekend coming up,
and Tyler's final flex day of the year,
so we'll get it knocked out.

~

Chris and Kristin's anniversary was last week,
so Jodi was finally able able to give them the quilt.

I happened to be on the computer 
when she messaged me that she had just given it to her 
(remember - Chris is in Africa)
so we messaged back and forth a bit
and she sent pictures.


It was almost like I was there :-)

~

The girls are begging to start school.

Soon.
Very soon.

Momma still isn't ready...

~
One Sunday morning,
Lex' came in with a wrinkled shirt and turned on the iron.
Then she ironed her shirt
as if it were the most normal thing in the world
for a seven year old to do.



Love my baby girl!

~

Speaking of baby girls - Hadley is growing up way too fast,
and her Mimi misses her like crazy!

Kacy is good to send me lots of pictures and videos.

Mostly I love them,
but sometimes they make me cry.

~

I started on my next quilt project 
as soon as I finished Faith and Freedom.

I've made excellent progress
and should be able to get it basted today.

Still trying to figure out how I want to quilt it though...

~

Yesterday,
Lily decided to write a(nother) book.


This time, 
I let her use the computer.

At dinner,
Brandon was talking about what he learned in his Graphics for Engineering class,
which led to Tyler reminiscing 
about what he'd learned in his computer class in college.
To which Lily said,
"Hey - that's what I learned today!"

~

We are having a heck of a time
finding someone to do the siding for the house.

The few bids we've managed to get 
are 4 - 5 1/2 thousand dollars higher than they should be!

~

My coffee cup is empty,
so it's time to get busy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)