Sunday, January 22, 2017

things that make me smile


Knowing that tomorrow will be a tough day for me,
I thought I'd try to preempt some of the sadness,
and make a list 
of some of the things that have been making me smile lately.

In no particular order...


Matt and Marin (and adorable Milo) 
came down to spend the day with us Saturday.

On top of that,
they brought generous gifts for the kids,
and it always makes me smile
when people love on my kids.

Speaking of loving on my kids -
Tony and Kacy surprised them this week
with a case of hubba bubba bubble tape.
They've been happily chewing gum
and blowing bubbles for days.

~

Listening to Brandon play his guitar and sing in the LEM
while I work in the kitchen.
Especially Lion and the Lamb
 (ah - should have guessed that was a Big Daddy Weave song) 

~

a fridge full of fresh raw milk

~

A video birthday message for Lex'
from Canadian penpals

~

text messages from my daughter in law,
just because she misses me.
Though, admittedly,
those make me cry, too.

~

phone calls or texts from my big boys.

~

(don't judge)

oh, and also, date nut bread, with tons of butter.
(the recipe actually came from my mother in law,
though my mom has made it as a Christmas gift for so long,
I'd forgotten that.
the really funny thing is - 
I'm the one who gave the recipe to my mom!)
Lexi requested it as her birthday breakfast.
She was so excited when she realized we could all have more than one piece.

~

When Tyler or Brandon leave a fresh coffee pod in the Keurig for me.
Not because it's so hard to go get one myself,
but because they chose to love me that way.

~

kids playing without fighting

~

sunshine

~

beautiful sunsets

~

knowing that soon, 
I'll be running upstairs {in the new house} to look out the widow
at the sunset
every time a kids says, 
"Mom - sky!"

~

date night

~

the string of LED lights in the bathroom
and the Christmas lights in the doorway
between the living and dining rooms.

I like twinkle lights, what can I say?

~

Tyler and the kids playing games.

~

My man

~

flowers in the window sill,
and in the bathroom

~

FB messages from a dear friend
who gets me.

~

a good night's sleep



1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, dear Tracy. As a human with love in my heart, I cry for your pain. I hope your blessings helped get you through this sorrowful anniversary. ♡

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)