Wednesday, September 22, 2010

chill pill


My mind races in 37 different directions
every time I put a baby to sleep.
One of the directions its often going
is
school.


I can't really do school the way I'd like to.
It's just not possible.
I'm coming to grips with that
and trying to find a balance between what I want to do
and what we absolutely positively have to do.
Sadly
more often than not
what we really end up doing isn't even a compromise;
it's the bare-bones minimum.
And I hate that!
Anyways
back to one of my 37 trains of thought....


I haven't worked on scissoring with the little ones.
(that's what Josiah used to call cutting - which makes perfect sense!)
I need to make up some worksheets.
Straight lines for Lily
curvy for Josiah
zigzags for Jeremiah....
These are the things that run through my head.



What is the matter with me?
I mean. Really??
My kids are always making tickets.
or collages.

            

Why just this morning, Lily cut up a playing card.
Granted, she got fussed at for it, 
because it was formerly part of a whole deck,
which is rare around here.
One of my huge pet peeves
 is their paper scraps all over the floor.
And I was worried about them acquiring the proper cutting skills??
Sometimes
I just need to take a chill pill.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, chill indeed. We all need to!

    Why do we try to 'do' school?? I read somewhere someone talked about interruptions. That's what life is all about, right?
    (speaking of which, a little boy is trying to reach my keyboard.)

    Ok, where was I??

    Um, huts, yes. Adrienne is out building her hut like the ancient people did. It's her being creative today.

    As for scissoring, I give them a bunch of pictures from magazines and have them cut them out and glue them to make a new picture with new additions. Cheap and it's a good reason to say yes to a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog Mrs. Tracy! Hope you have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)