Saturday, September 4, 2010

out of the mouths of babes


A minimum of twice a day
poor Li'l Miss Lexi,
when she's just desperate to nurse,
hears,
"Just a minute, Lex', Mommy has to go to the bathroom."
What can I say?
I have a small bladder.


Today was such a gorgeous day
and Lexi wanted to spend pretty much all of it
outside.
(pronounced "yide" - said while pointing to the door.
This is also how she tells me which side she'd like to nurse on,
"yide" - while pointing at -well- you get the point.)

"Yide!" She said to Brandon.
"Okay, I'll take you outside.
Can I go to the bathroom first?" He asked.
She looked at him.
"You not Momma!"
"Yide!"

~
don't forget to enter the drawing!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I still remember when my brother Joseph was about 2 and still nursing....when he wanted to nurse,he'd ask for "second side" (because after the first, my mom would always say, "do you want the second side?"). When he would demand for "second side" while we were out in public, we embarrassed siblings would always pretend to inquiring strangers that he just wanted to go outside. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)