Monday, September 6, 2010

and just like that

with very little warning,
it was over.


I have enjoyed having a pool more this year than usual.
I suppose
that is because I actually got out in it
just about every day.
At first
it was all about the kids
and my trying to be more 'present'.
Yes, I am with my children
pretty much all the time,
but I confess I am not always with them.
Stay home mommas know what I mean.
(You do, don't you? or is it just me??)
~
As the season wore on
and walking with Tyler wasn't happening
because it was just too darn hot outside,
I started getting in the pool to exercise
alone
before the children joined me to swim and play.


After finishing my workout
(which if you must know
consisted of running - Baywatch style around the pool
(please-don't picture that!)
until my legs couldn't take any more,
then using just my arms
to keep me in one spot in the pool until they hurt
and then reversing my direction and going against the current
and doing it all over again.
repeat. repeat.repeat...)
but before the kids came out
I would sink down in the water
worn out - but in a good way
and I'd just
breathe.
It only lasted a minute or so
but it was my favorite time of day.
It was quiet, except for the water flowing through the filter
and the sky was always beautiful.
And there was peace.

And then
one day, I got in the pool and it was cold
and the next day
I got in there and it was gasping cold.
And I never climbed back in again.
Just like that
with very little warning
Swimming Season
was over.


On the bright side, though,
it's now cool enough that Tyler and I can walk again
which just happens to also be
my favorite time of day.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo... I have chilly goosebumps just thinking about that cold water.

    Or maybe it's because my house is cold. (You know they don't turn on the heat until October - no matter how cold it gets!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww....bye bye pool...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know just what you mean. I love our pool..and today we closed it up and covered it until next summer. it's a sad sad day for me.
    Darinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. В голове не укладывается, как имеют все шансы так поступать эти нелюди. Как котят используют в качестве живой приманки акул, это же ужас! несчастное создание как наживку вешают на крючок, и он несчастный обречен. в контакте прислали видео, как китайская... не знаю как ее назвать убивает котенка каблуком. и это сплошь и вблизи. или же ветеринар поведала как дети котятами и щенками в футбол играют, кидают под машины. И самое поразительное что их родители на это говорят, ну они же дети, не понимают. Как это не понимают? понимают же что других детей невозможно на дорогу выкидывать или же еще что-нибудь. В голове не укладывается. отчего люди настолько жестоки?

    [url=http://2nt.ru/go/serial.php]Вообще любой сериал и особенно новинки я качаю тут [/url]
    [url=http://2nt.ru/go/teets.php]Молодежное видео тут[/url]

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)