Wednesday, November 2, 2011

the sad tale of a toothbrush


Around here
we usually get new toothbrushes twice a year,
Easters and Christmas.
I honestly can't remember Easter this year,
but judging from most of the brushes,
new ones weren't received.
I would have made everyone wait til Christmas
(sad, but true)
but Tyler was one of the ones with bad bristles,
so he picked up a 4 pack on Thursday.
Or maybe it was Wednesday. 
anyways.
We divvied up the toothbrushes based on need
and picked colors oldest to youngest.
(it's almost always youngest to oldest - so we swapped)
Tyler picked one with red on the handle.
I asked him why he picked the pink one.
He said, "It's red."
okay.

When I was packing Friday,
I grabbed my (not new) pink on the handle toothbrush
and tossed it in my makeup bag
along with the almost empty tube of toothpaste
(I all but cut them open to get out the last smidge.
Why shouldn't I? I paid for it!)
When I brushed my teeth hours later, 
I discovered
 that I'd actually grabbed Tyler's toothbrush,
not mine.
oops.
(I told you it looked pink!)
Sunday afternoon,
I overheard him saying he couldn't find his toothbrush.
I jumped up to get it out of my bag for him
and told him I'd accidentally taken it,
it being pink and all.
Only,
it wasn't in my bag.
I'd left it.

And that is the sad tale of Tyler's pink new toothbrush.
I swear I didn't leave it on purpose,
but I'm buying a different color this time.


1 comment:

  1. LOLOL...well, that was sunday, and this is wednesday, so whats he been brushing his teeth with in the meantime? haha....or no kissy kissy I imagine!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)