Monday, November 21, 2011

shoe shinin'


Well,
the cat's sorta out of the bag.



When Tyler was in the Army and up for guard duty,
if he looked snazzy enough, he could get out of it.
So he'd spend an hour spit-shining his boots,
and I'd spend an hour starching his uniform
'til it could stand on its own.
At least half of the time, our work was rewarded 
with Tyler getting the night off :-)
~

A few weeks ago,
it was time for Tyler to teach Ton'
elite shoe-shining.


cuz 'you ain't fine 'til you got a shine'


And Ton' needed to be fine
for his internship interview with ABF.


Just like the secret to a glass-like shine,
we had to keep it all hush-hush
since Tony hadn't told his boss at MarketPlace
that he might be leaving....


He still hasn't gotten the job yet,
but he's talking to Wes right now...
I'm telling you - ABF takes hiring interns veeery seriously;
Tony has already interviewed with five people!


But if his shoes have any say in the matter - he got the job!

6 comments:

  1. hey, *I* need to learn elite shoe shining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the secret the cold ice water??
    Can't wait to hear the results of the interview!
    PS. I've been meaning to call you sometime. When's good??

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooweee!!!! I have never seen shoes shine so bright! I need some shades to look at those babies!Thats awesome! and best wishes for Tony!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K ~ yep :-)
    you know how it is ~ any time is as good as another - except probly 1:30ish - 2:30ish, as I'm ususally trying to get girls to sleep......

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)