Friday, April 11, 2014

eating my words


I knew.
I knew it when the words came out of my mouth.
(or rather off my fingertips...)

Tyler is always (there I go again ;-) telling me not to use absolutes.
I immediately thought (and almost typed, in parenthesis, of course)
'Just watch! Now I'm going to have to pre-wash at some point.'

For 3 or 4 weeks now, I've had a red and white quilt in my head.
After I'd amassed a nice little pile
(don't worry - it will grow to be a bigger pile ;-)
I thought,
'That is a lot of red. Red is one of the most likely to bleed colors, especially if it is not designer fabric.
Most of this is not designer fabric.
I should probably prewash. That would be smart of me.'


'Dangit!
That was quick.'

If I have to eat my words - there are much worse words to eat.

2 comments:

  1. Better to eat your words than be sorry later! So did any of them run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda what I thought, Karen :-) None ran, exactly, but the color catcher I tossed in was pink - so I'm thinking it was a good call.
    I *think* I've ordered the last of my fabrics, so I should be able to get started on the quilt before too long :-)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)