Tuesday, November 5, 2019

life in the fast lane (not)


What I didn't tell you in my last post
was
shortly after I took that picture,
I went in the old house
 through what had been the doorway to the LEM
(and before that - the kitchen window)
and then exited
with my arms full.

I misjudged quite how deep of a step down it was
and with no hands available to grab onto the opening
 to help ease my way down,
I ended up sort of falling out of the house,
landed hard on my foot (on unlevel ground)
and tore my dadgum meniscus in my right knee.

You might remember
 I had a slight tear in my meniscus several years ago
and only went to the doctor 
when I had to
use my hands to move my leg
to move my foot from the gas pedal to the brake
while driving.

Or that I went months after injuring my achilles
before going to the doctor.

I didn't even wait 24 hours before going this time.



1 comment:

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)