Friday, May 29, 2009

are they planning a coup?

I think they may be trying to takeover some of my jobs.
It seemed so innocent.
"How about you teach me how to hand sew the bindings?"
Brandon asked.
"But I like to do the bindings!"
I protested.
"But I have a lot more time than you
so I could do it for you."
He has a point.
So
we started with a pot holder

cut, quilted and bound
by Brandon!
(I helped just a bit by machine sewing the binding on the first side)
Of course
it would never do to have both sides the same.
~
Then
Jeremiah began telling me how easy it was to sew.
He'd watched me at naptime.
"All you do is move the needle in and out."
Um - there's a heck of a lot more to it than that...

He whipped out a make-up bag
as a graduation gift for someone special
so she can use it when she goes on vacation.
~
I drew a line on both sides of the fabric to show
where the needle should go.
I never thought to do this when the others
were learning to sew
but it sure was helpful!
We also made up a little ditty to help them remember
to not go around the fabric.
Up down up down
do not go a-round
up down up down
keep it on the line
(sad - I know..)
Not one to miss out on anything,
Josiah
decided to make a little wallet
because his stuff sack doesn't have any pockets.
That boy can sew pretty quickly!
Brandon helped him with the snaps.
We do love our snap press!
~
dishes
anyone??
anyone?
There's a whole counter full sitting here....
Anyone?

I guess they aren't going to take over entirely

1 comment:

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)