Tuesday, May 26, 2009

stuff sacks

Lots of creatin'
going on around here today.
We decorated the 'stuff sacks'
we bought a week or so ago when they were on sale for 1/2 off
Josiah was thrilled to find scraps leftover from his quilt to use.
Besides helping me with the little ones' bags,
Brandon did his
entirely
by himself!
(Ton' did his all by his-self, too :-)

Now we're ready for library days
vacation
and anything else we might need a bag for
~
I also made the first of Lana's four maternity shirts
that we bought fabric for.
When she plopped down all the fabric bolts,
I'd asked her,
"Are you sure you're going to want this many shirts
in the same style?"
She looked at me as if I'd lost my mind.
"Well, Momma. You are the one who taught me
when you find a shirt that fits right
you get one in every color that looks good on you."
hmm
so I did.
So
now we're making four shirts
and a dress
and she and Algie will look just lovely
in all of them!

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, I can't wait to finish my shirts and dress!!!
    The bags looked really great, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling bags...what a fun idea! I'm finding out that FOE is TOUGH STUFF to work with. But the kind I ended up getting isn't the plush so it's thinner and smaller than yours was.

    Who is Algie? The baby-to-be's nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yes. From Ramona Quimby and before that from an old poem "Algie went out walking. Algie met a bear. The bear was bulgy. The bulge was Algie."
    Mr. Quimby, I believe it was, suggested the name Algie so they could stop calling the baby 'it', as he said 'It' was a terrible name for any child.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)