Wednesday, August 22, 2012

water bottles WfM


I bought the kids their own water bottles this summer
as a way for them to make sure they are drinking enough water.
Enough water - to me - means 50% of body weight in ounces.
A forty pound child needs 20 ounces of water.
They don't always drink all their water, but this at least gives us something to shoot for.
Lily, especially, tends to not drink much at all, without some form of reminding.
The water bottle made it so I didn't have to be the one to remind her;
one look at her bottle would tell her if she needed to drink-up.

The surprising bonus of the water bottle system
was that our dishwashing (well - glass washing, if you want to get technical) was reduced.
The kids are only dirtying 1 bottle a day, as opposed to say 4, 5 or 6.
per kid!
When you're hand-washing - and you have a passel of kids - that's a very noticeable difference.

Individual water bottles Work for Me.


1 comment:

  1. sounds good to me! You're so smart!
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)