I was out of basted diamonds for my stars.
That has been rectified
and I've managed to get 8 more stars sewn up :-)
I have fewer than 100 diamonds to baste for the stars
(all solids, left for last because they are no fun - but necessary, I think, for 'breathing space')
Of course, I still have over 500 diamonds to baste for the surrounds, though...
I am also working on a super secret commissioned project that is due in December.
I almost said no when I was asked about it.
I did say, "No."
But then I remembered my dream (which I haven't yet shared with you all yet. I need to remedy that)
and said I'd think about it.
I have never attempted this particular kind of sewing before, so I had to test my skills before I could say yes.
My test turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself,
so I said, "Yes."
I started Monday and I'm going to attempt to work on it 30-45 minutes every week day, which should get me finished with time to spare.
Provided, of course, that my guesstimate on how long it will take is correct.
(which would be a first ;-)
My priority sewing project this week is turning this:
into dresses for Lil' and Lex', and a top that will more flattering than to me than a regular t-shirt.
Because it's Annual
refashion t-shirt Meeting time again.
(I best get crackin'!!)
This year is our church's 50th anniversary!
The Sams will be in town, and Phip (much loved former pastor) is preaching, so I'm excited about that :-)
This may surprise you: I'm linking up with Lee's Work in Progress Wednesdays ;-)