Thursday, June 7, 2012

getting there

A month or so ago, I was dreading my appointment with Maggie.
I was doing especially poorly
and the first thing she always says is, "How ya doin?"
And I was going to have to be all whiny
and I hate whiny.
But, when you're going for help, 
it doesn't do much good to go in and plaster a smile on and say you're fine.
Not that I'm all that great at plastering smiles on anyways...
I told her that it must suck to be her,
always seeing people at their worst.
She said it was her calling so it wasn't too bad.
I said that one of these days, when someone asks me how I'm doing,
I'd love to be able to say, "Great!"

This afternoon, when Maggie asked how I was doing,
I cocked my head to the side, thought a second
 and said,
"You know what? I'm doing pretty good."


1 comment:

  1. YAYYYY!!!! So that trip to the beach WAS healing!! Go Again!!
    Love you sister!!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)