Tuesday, December 20, 2011

almost Christmas daybook


right now, I am 

wearing
pjs and my much loved 13 year-old robe.
And gators, because my slippers got too holey to wear.
I'm sure hoping there's a pair under the tree.

listening to
not much of anything.
Every once in awhile, the heater will make some noise,
and there is a rooster crowing way off in the distance.
Oh - some dogs barking, too.

thankful 
for almonds. 
Really! They have made the transition to 
this new way of eating
so much more tolerable for us.

thinking
that it's time to make an appointment.
Even if it has to be with Crotty Foot Clinic.
My heel has been on fire for over an hour straight.
Usually, it's just a few seconds at a time,
several times a day.
It is very nearly unbearable.

I am reading
(which was a lovely surprise gift from a sweet lady
I don't even know very well)
and a few books from the library,
but no novels right now.

in the kitchen
I am learning how to cook 
all over again.
Some days I am more up for the challenge than others.
Mostly, though,
it really hasn't been too bad. 

creating
not much of anything.
There are only so many hours in a day.
Any extra time available is spent studying grain-free eating.
I would really like to get back to my red and blue quilt, though.
I did clean off my sewing desk a few weeks ago.
Oh - and I ordered fabric for a quick little project.
And if I win this giveaway, I'll order some Flora
and make a quilt for the LEM.

looking forward
to my sweet love being off work 10 days in a row!
Part of me wants to pick up and go somewhere.
The saner part just wants to stay home.
I have to remind myself that what I think will be fun
rarely is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)