Friday, December 16, 2011

a perfect binding



 I had Gramma's quilt finished ages ago
with the exception of the binding.
I was waiting for it to cool off a bit
but also,
I hadn't found just the right fabric yet.


 About a week (or a month) ago, I happened to see this fabric
and thought it was the one.
But I realized the zigzags were sideways for my needs. 
Drat! The colors were so perfect!
Then I discovered that the same colors were available


Sewing the binding on is one of my favorite parts of making a quilt.
Although, my eyes are getting bad,
so I was wearing my granny glasses,
complete with a beaded chain to make them less likely to disappear 
and somebody delighted in making fun of me.


 I hope she likes it okay,
but I know nothing will top last year's gift.
I'm fine with that.


2 comments:

  1. awesome!!she will love it -
    can you sew your name on it so she will remember the who? - just a thought -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think it will be a treasure and she will love it. The binding is a perfect choice and you've completed it with pure style! Beautiful colors, composition, and completion! Awesome job!

    PS. My kids have been making fun of me for quite some time about the glasses, but now Dave is wearing them and somehow he looks dignified. Doesn't seem quite fair does it?

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)