Thursday, February 2, 2012

a wheat free / low carb groundhog day

Being that Thursdays are crazy busy for us
and we don't even eat dinner 'til 8 or later,
I was going to postpone our festivities until tomorrow
but Tyler wouldn't hear of it.
I made mocha cupcakes (they were a bit dry, sadly)
with a cream cheese and whipped cream frosting.
We went ahead and splurged on Almond Joys for the groundhogs;
figured there couldn't be all that much harm in one tiny fun-size candy bar.
Shockingly, I didn't even eat all of my mine;
I found it disgustingly sweet and not tasty enough to make up for it.
Huh! They've always been on my list of favorites.
Lexi didn't have any trouble scarfing down the 1/3 I tossed though.
Oh my!
Speaking of Lexi scarfing, 
 that girl can put away some roasted cabbage.
Sister loves the stuff!
(Her momma does too)


Besides roasted cabbage (2 heads - we ate all but 1/2ish cup)
we ate almost 2 1/2 lbs of green beans
lemon pepper salmon (2#)
and
a little bit of mashed potatoes
(I used 6 tiny potatoes and 3/4 of a head of cauliflower.
Most of the fam didn't even notice a difference. Lily liked them, 
but noted they 'tasted like broccoli', and Josiah didn't care for them)
Just in case you were wondering....;-)

I'm wondering if we're even going to have winter this year.

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds quite good!!
    Groundhog says 6 "more" wks of winter. We haven't even had winter yet. It could still happen!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)