Friday, December 16, 2011

another 7 quick takes




1.
I never did figure out how to get a decent cup of coffee with this,
but it's great for brewing a pot of tea.



2.
I've pretty much decided
 I'm going to have to see a doctor for my blasted heel,
but I've looked in the yellow pages;
 there is no 'podiatrist' heading under 'physicians'
and I've always said if I ever had to go to a foot Dr,
I sure wouldn't go to the 'Crotty Foot Clinic'
(isn't that the most disgusting name?!)
and I really don't want to have to eat those words.

3.
This girl makes me smile.
She makes me awfully frustrated, too;
but mostly, she makes me smile.

if she ain't careful, she's gonna need a podiatrist, too
4.
I got one of those curling wands a few weeks ago.
I love it!


It does take a bit of getting used to
and it takes about 30 minutes to curl all my hair
but
the curl 
stays in for days!

5.
My hair isn't really that color.
It's much darker.
pooh.

6.
I'm really proud of my big boys;
They haven't complained one bit about our dietary changes.
Actually, the little ones have done really well, too, considering...

7.
Candlelight.
It's great for helping 'disguise' food.
I made PF Chang (sort of) lettuce wraps the other day
and I knew everyone would like them,
but I also knew the girls would take one look at them
and think they wouldn't like them,
so I put candles and garland on the table.
Worked like a charm.



3 comments:

  1. My two littlest are doing good too with the new diet. However, Christmas parties have really put a snag in it. Our appetite is decreasing...hmmm. Except for a little girl who insists on eating a piece of bread at breakfast. Argh!

    As for the candlelight-- since its so dark here now, I should give it a try three times a day to get my oldest to stop complaining about her food. Thanks for the idea!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had several days of Lexi crying and screaming and begging for toast. But it passed. I don't think anyone has asked for contraband in a week. Lily did very wistfully say one day,"I guess we'll never eat cupcakes again" that evening I made Dr Davis' mocha cupcakes ~ she was SO excited & as he was eating his, Tyler said, "I have to keep reminding myself that these don't have wheat in them"
    we have def. experienced the decreased appetite. weight loss? not do much (in fact I have GAINED weight. I don't even see how that is possible!)
    XO

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)