Tuesday, April 8, 2014

lest I forget, a delicious jalapeno dip


Sunday,
to go along with my crackers that I thought I had finally perfected, but 
- in fact -
did not
(they had no crunch. They were also too salty, but that is easily fixed.
I am unsure what to do about the lack of snap. Any ideas??)

and they looked so nice, too  : /

Anyways, to go with the perfectly flavored (salt issues aside) but crackless crackers,
I made a delicious jalapeno green chili dip.
So delicious,
that Brandon thinks it might just be better than the Best Dip in the World.
(he suggests a side-by-side comparison. Of course he does. ;-)
Very high praise, indeed,
and I sure don't want to forget how I made it.

12 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 c greek yogurt
1/3 c mayo
1 small can green chilis
2 (could have used 3) large jalapenos, diced 
some onion powder
mix together, then add
large handful grated cheddar/jack (probly 1 1/2 c)
and mix again.
spread into a smallish baking dish (I used the brown brownie pan)
and sprinkle with parmesan cheese

bake at 400 for about a half hour.
cool slightly before serving with crackers (preferably crunchy) and celery sticks

yum!


edited 08/2015

We make this dip at least 2 times a month.
(although - I love it so much with celery of jicama,
I've abandoned my attempts at cracker making)
When we 'make it and take it',
it never fails to get rave reviews.

What I do differently now:
I don't bother softening the cream cheese
and just throw it all in the food processor, including the parmesan (probably 1/2 c, maybe a bit more)
Sometimes I sub sour cream for the greek yogurt,
and sometimes,
I just add both ~ this recipe is not finicky :-)

3 comments:

  1. OOooooooh!!! MUST TRY THIS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 to 3 fresh jalapenos? with seeds removed? was it hot?? or canned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. fresh, yes. I used some of the seeds, but not all, 'cause I was afraid it'd be too hot - but it actually ended up not being spicy at all.

    XO

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)