Thursday, July 5, 2018

heartbroken


I don't really feel like posting.

I don't really feel like doing anything, actually,
but I do need that last post's title to move down the page.

Because it's sort of a lie.

Time
is no longer marching on
for my dad.

Two weeks and two days ago,
his C2 was fractured
- which injured his spinal cord -
when the orchard ladder he was on
collapsed.

He was completely paralysed
and couldn't breath without a ventilator.

The most common problem
for someone who survives his injury,
is pneumonia and ARDS,
and then heart failure
due to the stress on the lungs
and/or the treatment to remove fluid and phlegm.

Dad developed ARDS Tuesday
and by Wednesday evening,
he was gone.


Our pastor asked Tyler and I if we saw Jesus at the hospital.
And we did.
So many times.

But I am way too worn out to record them,
so we will just hold them in our hearts.
Our very broken hearts.

We love you, Dad. So much.

~

Here is the tribute (mostly written by the middle brother)
that my siblings and I read at his memorial service,
if you care to read it.
And his life in pictures, reduced to a 5 minute song.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! It is so hard to say good-bye even with the wonderful knowing of heaven. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't even stand this, Tracy! I sit here crying and praying for you. I remember clearly when I posted to my blog about my own dad surprising us by dying. It is so really hard to say goodbye to someone you love so much, who has been such a huge part of your life. Hugs, and prayers, and thoughts from me to you, Tracy! Love you! xSusan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Tracy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know your father but watching the video of his life one can see how important his family was to him and I'm sure he will be missed so much! Sending love, hugs and prayers your way!
    xxx, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these details Tracy. I loved watching your dad's life is pictures - we seemed very much at home with even the youngest baby - a loving father, grandfather and great grandfather. How wonderful for you all to be able to remember the active, loving and helpful man he was - without the debilitating constraints some face in their later years. It sounds like you had some amazing experiences in those last days too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are your family are in our hearts and prayers. God bless

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)