Thursday, November 15, 2018

breaking news


Back a few weeks ago,
I told you about TaeKwonDo testing,
and how the girls didn't break all of their boards.

Well.
What I didn't tell you then,
was,
Mr. Townsend had told Tyler and me 
that he knew they could do it;
they'd broken all of their boards in class.
So he was going to let them test again at make-up testing,
but he wouldn't let them know 
that they were testing for their black belts -
they would just think they were practicing.
He was fairly certain that removing the pressure
would allow them to pass with flying colors.

And it did!

I am so pleased to announce that both Lily and Lexi
are now,
finally,
 Christ First TaeKwonDo Black Belts

I'm so proud of you, Girls!!

You can see videos of their board breaks
I am soooo grateful that one of our friends
recorded them,
since neither Tyler or I were there
(so as to maintain the illusion of 'practicing')

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats to the girls, and also to their instructor for his insight and kindness.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)