I am beyond tickled with myself this time.
I've had a project idea for a few weeks now,
in my mind, at least.
I searched online for a tutorial;
no need to reinvent the wheel.
Didn't find one
so a week or so ago
I made my pattern (out of newspaper, of course)
was to buy cheap - or rather - inexpensive fabric
so I could do a test run.
I was so certain it would work, though
that I bought enough different fabrics for six of them.
that if adjustments were deemed necessary
2/3 yard would still be enough.
It would be naptime when we got back home
so I'd have time to sew.
I'd timed it perfectly.
I was unsure of my fabric content
so I knew it'd be foolish of me to not pre-wash.
I decided to be patient and throw them in the washer.
I added towels to the dryer
so it'd go faster.
I was just beginning to iron my fabrics
when Lexi woke up from her nap.
I've managed to steal a few minutes here and there
I finished my first one.
No adjustments needed.
it's so darn cute!!