Wednesday, February 11, 2009

bribery

Jeremiah has been hard at work
cleaning the kitchen
for the past 25 minutes or so.
~
I heard clanking coming from the kitchen
and figured Brandon must have been loading the dishwasher
(Tyler and Tony are at Riverwalk
so he's the man of the house this evening)
Loading the DW is my job
but I've been sorta busy lately
so the guys
have been pitching in to do my work.
Turns out
it wasn't Brandon;
it was Jeremiah.
And if he weren't attempting to bribe me
it'd be really sweet.
See
about a half hour ago
I told the boys,
"No, you can't watch the Apple Dumpling Gang."
I was going to tell them that they could watch a short movie
but as soon as they heard the 'no'
they commenced to throwing such hollering crying fits
that
I quickly changed my mind.
About the shorter movie, that is.
After being denied
'just one more chance'
Jeremiah resorted to
attempted bribery of an unelected official.
He
(in his words)
"took initiative so mom will let me watch a movie."
what??
He's five!
He
washed the dishes, then put them in the DW.
(not properly, but still...)
He wiped off the top of the DW.
He washed the pan.
He even cleaned off the stove!
~
I'm still not letting him watch a movie
but he may have just earned a new job!

2 comments:

  1. So.... cleaning the kitchen doesn't help with bribery? :( what's the world coming to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. rotfl.. oh thanks for reminding me how sweet they can be when they're really trying to get something from YOU! so cute trac! hope you're getting some sleep! take care :)

    blessings,
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)