Tuesday, October 6, 2009

small world

I just got off the phone with a friend from our Germany days.
I've thought of her often over the years.
We were worlds apart when we were in Germany together;
she a confident homeschooling 'older' mother,
me a young know-it-all snob.
I could have learned so much from her,
but I was too stupid to see that at the time.
I've wished, many times, that I would have allowed her
to befriend me and teach me.
But I didn't.
I mean
she was weird.
Yet, here I sit
twenty years later
weirder than she could even hope to be!
~
Anyways
I finally got up the gumption to call.
I wasn't sure if she'd even remember me....
Apparently
I am unforgettable :-)
And
their grown children
are living about three hours away!
from here!
and have been for the past several years....
It really is a small world
after all.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet!

    Don't forget that it doesn't cost a cent to call us...

    (hint, hint! You can even call at midnight - in the morning for us.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool post!

    I haven't forgotten about your books. Just waiting for Lana to have her baby so I can send her a little something for the baby with the books.

    Hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)