Wednesday, November 18, 2009

before I forget


We had some pretty tasty muffins this morning;
while I still remember how I made them
I figured I'd write up the recipe.


Get Her Goin' Chocolate Chip Muffins

3 1/2 c. freshly ground white wheat
1/2 c. bran
1/4 c. flax seed, ground
2 cups real milk
1 Tbs lemon juice

Mix well, cover with a towel and let this soak
anywhere from a half hour to over-night
(if you use 'bought flour' - you can skip the soak)

add

1 egg
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. sugar
1 Tbs b. soda
1 1/2-ish tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. or so chocolate chips

Stir 'till mixed and put in greased muffin tins
top with a bit of brown sugar & cinnamon mix
bake at 375 for 22 minutes

mmm, mm, good
(take a look at this)
~
completely unrelated...
I am totally in love with this little girl!
I fell asleep last night with a smile on my lips
and her precious little hand cupping my cheek.
Life is sweet.

3 comments:

  1. oh funny - that face Lexi is making in the 2nd picture - Aiden looks just like it sometimes when he nurses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your babies are so precious! i just want to reach through the computer and squeeze them! your such an awesome momma! xoxo
    ps james said" its time to go see your sister" "which one?""tracy". "oh, you just want some of her bread" "yes, but its so good" he loves your bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we'd love a visit soon ~ but maybe I'll send some bread with Mom if she comes this weekend

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)