Friday, August 29, 2008

cheapest flea control

I'm always trying to figure out ways to
painlessly
stretch our money
further.
Painless is key here.
I mean
we can only eat so many beans....
A few months ago
I hit on a pretty sweet idea.
sweet as in cool - why didn't I think of this years ago
not
sweet as in aww.....
~
I'd already found the cheapest place to buy Frontline
but still - roughly 10 bucks a month per dog?!
So
I added up the weight of the dogs
and bought the appropriate dose for their combined weight.
When it's time to use the Frontline,
we simply pull out the proper dosage for Lola
and put the rest on Donor.
Such an easy way to stretch our money!
~
for more ideas on how to stretch your money further
check out Frugal Friday over at Crystal's

2 comments:

  1. As a former veterinary assistant, I must tell you that while it is okay to do this with Frontline (your dog would have to ingest 43 pipettes of Frontline before showing any signs of negative symptoms), this is NOT okay to do with any other products, such as Advantix or ProMeris, due to their active ingredients. I wouldn't use any products that are not veterinary exclusives, such as Hartz or Seargeants. I am not trying to be bossy, I just don't want anyone to hurt their pet by accident!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm ~ I'm not quite sure what you thought I was doing. I must not have been clear.
    The animals don't ingest anything. I simply purchase a larger vial & draw out the amount each animal needs (which, for my dogs, happen to be exactly 1/3 & 2/3's of the size vial I bought) and apply it to their necks as usual.
    I appreciate your concern.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)