Tuesday, August 5, 2008

recipe party

I'm not usually late to a party
sorry!
Now
this is not going to be
the most fabulous food you ever tasted.
But
it's pretty good
and good for you
and it's
real fast!
~
Speedy Skillet Super
~
Throw your skillet on the stove
and turn burner on medium - medium/high.
Open 1 - 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
& dump in pan.
Open, drain, and add a can of corn.
Give it a stir.
Add a can of drained black beans.
(I think chickpeas would be even better)
Generously add garlic salt & pepper.
Stir.
Throw a few cups of leftover whole wheat pasta
in the strainer you drained the beans in
and run 'em under hot water for a bit.
Add pasta to the skillet and stir.
Grab your bowls & spoons
and serve it up.
It's that fast!

A sour cream smiley face
makes it taste even better!

Head on over to Lana's blog to join the party!

2 comments:

  1. awesomeness, momma! You'll be a regular Rachel Ray before you know it!
    thanks, this looks good, too.

    I'm so glad ya'll are helping me out here.
    Veggies, protein, grain, and even a bit of dairy, this looks good.
    I'm trying to make sure we get plenty of the necessary food groups, but I don't *always* do that in a given meal, I figure it usually balances out...
    a question, is corn a grain or a veggie???

    ReplyDelete
  2. its both a grain AND a veggie.

    Actually, I don't know - probably a grain. definitely not a fruit, though :-)

    I'm sure you could throw in some fresh or frozen spinach, too.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)