Thursday, August 14, 2008

we eat dinner in the bathtub

I feel sortof like I belong in Harris's family
you know,
~
We've been moving stuff all around for a couple months,
trying to get everything to fit
and
getting things in the most useful spot,
which is sometimes unusual.
(Of course, I think many times
homes are set up to look good, not be efficient.
I've always put my 'sweet spices' in the same cabinet as my mixing
bowls; that's where they're used. Apparently, even that is weird.)
Anyways
we now have a refrigerator in the dining room.
I'll be the first to admit
that is a bit weird.
But
when we got our new freezer (yay!)
and it was so huge that it overpowerd the spot we had for it,
the boys and I decided
hey- let's swap the fridge and freezer.
lot's of times, things go straight from fridge to table....
The idea was so crazy - it just might work!
I think it's going to ~ we'll see
~
Speaking of eating dinner in the bathtub,
we did that once.
For real.
~
We take a special trip with our kids as they are
beginning to experience the changes that come with growing up.
Dad takes the boys, Mom takes the girls
(I get another trip ~ woohoo)
Lana and I decided that for our trip
we would
go shopping!
Lana loves to shop!!
I don't so much. But back then, I didn't hate it like I do now.
~
We didn't pack a thing!
We were going to buy
everything
we needed to wear during our weekend.
We did take underwear
(since those have to be washed before wearing)
and make-up in our purses
'cause we justified
that lots of girls carry make-up in their purses all the time...
~
Our first stop was NBC;
the NBC in Tulsa is about twice the size of ours!
And
they were having a sale.
We spent hours there.
I'll spare you the drama of the heat rash I got
from standing outside at the $1 rack for over an hour
dripping in sweat.....
Long story short
by the time we made it back to our very nice hotel room
we were pretty well exhausted
our feet were killing us
and we were starving!
There was a Pizza Hut right next to the hotel
so we figured we'd just have it delivered.
It was going to be over an hour!
how??
They were right next door!
We'd rented a suite with a jacuzzi tub
so
we decided we'd soak our poor tired feet while we waited.
and waited
and waited.....
By the time the pizza finally arrived
we were so sore & tired
(we'd never marathon shopped before!
or again, for that matter)
that we just got all the way in that big ole' tub
and
we ate dinner in the bathtub.

1 comment:

  1. wow, I move out and you just turn the house inside out!
    Well, interesting move...

    That was a fun trip, I had a blast, and got some great clothes :^)
    we had a super time....
    I love you, love, me

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)