Wednesday, January 7, 2009

what I've learned about quilting

It's a very expensive hobby!
It goes much faster when you have a fabric stash;
running all over town to buy 1/4 yard of several fabrics
takes way too long.

I told Tyler I was going to reward myself
for recovering the cushions on the glider.
It was a job I wasn't looking forward to
so I figured a reward was just thing I needed to motivate myself.
He asked what would my reward be?
"Well, most people might not think of it as a reward....
I get to make a quilt for the rocking chair in the living room!"
~big smile~
I really like this quilting stuff.
He's probably wishing I'd have gone with chocolate
(not that he won't like the quilt, but somehow
my 'reward'
probably seems a whole lot more
like an addition to an already long to-do list)
~
speaking of my to-do list
I was able to cross off six things yesterday.
And the cushions I was dreading so much?

They only took about 2 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how you're getting it all done, but you're doing great. Isn't it nice to get a reward for an accomplishment? I would have asked for ice cream, but since you can't have dairy, this is a pretty good one! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)