Wednesday, January 13, 2010

of knights and fair maidens

I gathered all the kids around the computer
so I could show them the mugshot.
Only a few miles away,
a murderer had escaped
while being transported to another facility.
I didn't want to scare them
but I wanted them to understand the urgency;
if they saw this guy
they were to get in the house immediately!
Jeremiah said,
"If I see him, I'll run up and slap him in the face!"
"NO! You will get in this house immediately!"
I responded.
not very calmly.
And the poor boy put his head down and sobbed,
"I just want to protect the family and you guys never say,"Yes""
~
We talked about how running in the house
would be protecting the family.
That a guy like that,
while he looked nice enough,
wouldn't be detered by a slap in the face
or even a kick in the p***s
(the boys think it's hilarious when to talk about tenders,
for some silly reason; I like to humor them)
We talked about how you have to 'work up' to big protecting...
A short while later
I tied up a particularly foul-smelling bag of trash,
held it out the bathroom door
and called out,
"I need someone to protect the family from this stench!"
I figured Jeremiah would be thrilled at the prospect.
Lily, my eager little servant,
was the only one to step forward.
Guess Jeremiah isn't quite ready to protect the fam
no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)