Thursday, October 4, 2012

pet peeve


Can I just share a little something?
I try,
really, I try,
to be a positive person. 
It doesn't come naturally for me.
I know you're shocked, so I'll  just let that sink in a bit ;-)

I think 
lots
about posting my litany of pet peeves.
But I restrain myself, because it isn't really in keeping with the tone I want to have for this space,
you know, finding joy, and all.....
But.
There is one thing that I get annoyed with (even more than stupid drivers) on a daily basis.

Comment Verification.

I can't tell you how many times I've typed up a comment
and then said, forget it! when I discovered I was going to be forced decipher out of focus small text.
I realize that there are occasionally spam comments.
But out of the 2,487 comments on my blog,
only 3, maybe 4, have been spam.
(and they were easy and fast to delete)

Please, people, keep me from sinning
and turn off comment verification.
I thank you.
And my family thanks you.

11 comments:

  1. yes! it usually takes me at least 2-3 tries to get those right. i thought there was something wrong with me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I had no idea it was even on there, and it took me a good bit to figure out where to even find the button to turn it off. My blog will no longer ask you to verify that you are human. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I fix it? I think I got it turned off. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this must be totally blog-writing related, because I haven't a clue what your talking about, but whatever, please don't sin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with you, Lisa; at least, not that ;-)

    K & L ~ you did it :-) Thank you for your contribution to world peace ;-)

    Ter ~ it's when you go to leave a comment on a blog, but after you type up your carefully thought out words and hit 'publish comment' or whatever the button says, a thing pops and telling you to prove you're human. Except super-human is what it really means, because the letters & numbers which you are to type, to prove that you are, in fact, human, are a jumbled scraggly faded mess. It causes mere mortals such as myself all manner of frustration and stress and chest palpitations. and bad thoughts and words.
    :-)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOoohhh! I see that all the time, but I have never seen that on your page! yes, it is hard to decipher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is mine off? I tried to turn it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. guess b/c I'm still just anonymous I don't have that button. I try to have a low profile : )
    I just want you to know I love you and appreciate all the time and effort it takes to share on your blog.
    Love to all!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, since you told me about the verification thing and I turned it off, I've had 4 spam comments in a very short matter of time. Not sure it is worth it, but I'll leave it off for a while.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)