Wednesday, March 12, 2008

finally

Ever since I began cautiously reintroducing dairy
I have been wanting to go to Mazzios.
We've been trying to go for six weeks
We finally got to go last night.
See
you have to go for the buffet
which is only at lunch on weekdays and on Tuesday evenings.
Lunch wasn't practical
so it had to be a Tuesday.
We've either had someone sick
or something going on every single week
since I decided I was going to try a whole serving of dairy
(and then some)
Lana suggested just making pizza at home
("why spend the money to go out
if Lily's going to end up screaming for hours afterwards?")
Tyler offered to take us to Pizza Parlor on a Friday
but what I wanted
was
Mazzios.
the whole shabang
the salad with fried onions and cottage cheese and eggs
supreme pizza - piping hot
a slice of chicken club - hot enough to burn my mouth
and last but not least
cinnamon sticks.
If she was going to end up crying in pain
by golly
it was going to be worth it!

She didn't sleep the greatest
and there were a few moments during the night
when I wondered if had been too much too soon;
I think it was more her teeth than her belly, though.
~
As glad as I was to finally get to go to Mazzios
-and it was pretty good
although, I'd built it up to be so much more -
I'm glad I could make this sacrifice for Lily
~
It's absolutely nothing
compared to what's been sacrificed for me
~
We love
because He first loved us
1 John 4:19

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh the goodness of hot buffet pizza! Yummmm. Thanks 'the momma' now you've got me craving it. lol To night I get to each church's stouffers lasagna. We are going to the "feast" as Nopee calls it. Wedness night supper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Wednesday night church dinner (as long as it's not the famous FBC chicken) is cool. But I think I've only been to Mazzios once and it was long enough ago that I don't remember at all what it was like! Deardearme.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)