Thursday, July 30, 2009

one year later

The boys put in countless hours
trying to sell me on the benefits of owning a Wii.
They’d figured out the financing
- mostly themselves -
and dreamed and researched.
And talked.
And then, a year ago today,
Papa surprised us
with a Wii.
Although I feel I was a little mislead
(I was shocked
to find there were sit-on-the-couch-to-play Wii games
‘cause the boys biggest push
was all the exercise they’d get while playing this game system)
I think it was a good purchase.
A complete fitness program
it is not
but we’ve certainly had good times with it.
Many Fridays
it’s been the ‘fun’
in Family Fun Night.
Plus
it’s good for a cheap, quick bowling date.
Which is quite romantic
seeing that
mine and Tyler’s first date
was
bowling.
He claims I sat on his lap.
On the first date?! I think not!
I think
he took one look at my rear in those adorable floral Zena jeans
(or was it my adorable rear in the floral Zenas?!)
and the rest
as they say
is history.
-ahem-
What was I saying?
Oh yes, the Wii.
Worth the money, if you’ve got it to spend.
And this
from somebody who despises video games.
~
Bowling, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big gamer, but I'd like to have a wii someday. Long time down the road...
    For now what we really want is some new books (when we have time to read, that is)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)