Sunday, July 12, 2009

ratatouille

I think
with Tyler's help
I managed to impress most of my children.


"It looks just like the ratatouille in the movie!"

"Did you mean to do that?"

Of course,
I doubt many people aspire to replicate a dish
made by a rat......

Jeremiah wasn't quite as impressed as everyone else.
Shocker.
"It looks kind of like in the movie
but the eggplant doesn't look just right."
After eating
he said, "I like it okay, but I don't nearly love it."
several times - to make sure I got the point....



We also had my current favorite food

'grilled zucchini'

love

love

love it!

Simply crush a few cloves of garlic, cover with olive oil
and let set 10 minutes or so (longer is perfectly fine)
slice zucchini lengthwise about 1/4" thick
brush both sides with garlic oil and sprinkle with salt
grill for about 5-7 minutes per side.
They'll look somewhat transparent when they're done.
mmm, mmm, good!
~
another doozey from our in-house critic:

I was putting on make-up
getting ready for the wedding.
Jeremiah thought I should wear lipstick.
I grabbed the eyeliner.
"Is that lipstick?"
"No, it's eyeliner."
"I think you should draw a line all the way around your eye."
Fashion help from a 5 yr old boy.
Next was eyeshadow.
"Is that the lipstick?"
"No,......."
Then on to mascara.
"Is that the lipstick?"
"I think you better not put on any more makeup on your eyes

or you'll look like a clown."
~

geez louise

it's a good thing I've got thick skin
although
I'm sure he's got something to say about that, too.

2 comments:

  1. oh boy, that little stinkerpot.
    Lily about makes up for him, though. To her, everything is pretty.
    After swimming the other day we were changing back into our clothes and she saw my (plain, white) panties "Oh, pretty Lana"
    *rolleyes* thank-you, Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ALWAYS impress me! :)

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)