Thursday, October 7, 2010

my best day


Tyler had hoped to take Thursday off from work last week
but it didn't work out - so he took Tuesday off, instead.
Everyone slept in
and I made the most delicious waffles for breakfast.
Seriously ~ they were amazing,
still crispy even after warming in the oven.
I  need to make them again soon.

oh - back to my day.

After
 the scrumptious breakfast
I nursed Lex' - it would be her first time to go over 5 hours
 without momma.
And then we left for the day.
Just Tyler and I .
All by our lonesomes.
We went to Rogers and spent a lovely quiet day together
lazily shopping and eating and talking
and not being interrupted by whining or crying
or anything, for that matter,
except a welcomed text
telling us things at the house were going really well.
If I would've gotten a free birthday dessert
the day would have been just perfect.
As it is
it was pretty darn close.
~
Thanks, Love for giving me just the thing I needed this year.
I love you and am so blessed to be yours.

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, I can hear the quietness. I'm SO glad you had a special day!
    BTW- can you send me that delicious waffle recipe? I've tried several - one that includes corn starch(I use potato) but it is SO hard to clean up! And the other just doesn't compare to the 'real' Belgian waffles Nathan had while there...
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got your time to yourselves. What a wonderful delicious time you must have had. I can't imagine how wonderful it must have been. Love you QL!

    PS. We had Belgian Waffles for dinner the other night - thanks for the dinner suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was wonderful!!!!

    I must clarify - these were NOT Belgian waffles - in fact the recipe states not to cook using a Belgian waffle iron! But they are sooo delicious. The leftovers were almost as good as fresh off the iron.....

    Kaylana - do you still want the recipe, even though it's not for Belgian waffles??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, send it my way. It's worth a try - especially since you recommend them so well.

    What other way is there to cook them if not on a waffle maker? Is there a difference between American (?)waffle and Belgian waffle makers? Help me on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do use a waffle iron - but it's the type that makes 4 at a time, whereas a Belgian waffle iron makes 1 thicker waffle at a time(I think....)

    I'll get to work on typing it up later today or tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)