Friday, December 3, 2010

Master doesn't like it


when The Woman doesn't post for days on end.

Let's see. 
Thanksgiving.
We went to my mom's
 and it was really a pretty relaxing holiday.

Not for my mom, though. Sorry 'bout that, Mom!

This was the first Thanksgiving in 27 years
that I didn't make a single pie.
(or a double pie, for that matter..)
I can't help but think the two are related.
My pies taste good
- or rather they used to
 back in the old days
when we ate Crisco and white store-bought flour - 
but man
everyone  has to leave me alone
while I roll out the dough!

I've been going through our bedroom
sorting
and getting rid of as much as I can.
I'm just so sick of this house always being a mess.
But you know how that kind of cleaning goes;
things get worse before they get better.
I've been sharing the bed with a bunch of piles for almost a week.
ugh!



Yesterday was Jeremiah's 7th (!) birthday.
He wanted hot dogs for lunch.
I asked what he wanted with them.
He said, "Ketchup, mustard, and juicy pickles."
I meant as a side dish.
He wanted chicken salad.
I told him that didn't really go together.
He didn't mind....


We took our chicken salad and hot dogs to our river
and built a little fire.
For a while
we thought we were going to have to just eat our wieners at home
but we finally got a small blaze going.
Fortunately
 we'd finished eating 
and had already soaked the logs in the river
when the Sheriff drove by.
We discovered that 
we need to bring towels when we go to the river.
And a change of clothes would be smart, too.

There was  some big news this week, too
but
that
will have to wait till tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMIAH!!!!!
    7 years already???
    Adrienne knows that it's one month til her birthday now. :-)

    And sooooo what is the news?

    Random question - have you ever had your throat sting from grilling hot peppers? Nathan's cooking and I had to get out of there! Wowzers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT??? I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!! well, I guess I will have to. :/

    Happy Birthday to your son....

    the last time I saw you, Brandon was in a car seat..isn't that CRAZY???

    I hear you about the cleaning out and the piles on the bed..oh Lord, girl, I hear you!

    Love you a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Brandon!
    Sister doesn't like long delays between posts either, lol.
    Kaylana, Yes! Just smelling Hot peppers does a number on me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oopsie, happy birthday, Jeremiah!! sorry, I just realized I was looking at the above comment when I wrote that! I REALLY did know whos birthday it was!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)