Tuesday, December 7, 2010

over-rated


I had my first ever Starbucks coffee today.
It was from the little shop inside of Target
staffed solely by a slow-moving gal in a red smock
so I'm not sure that it even exactly qualifies as 
Starbucks.
I ordered the Pumpkin Spice Latte
tall
which is a silly name, cause tall - is small.
Anyways.
I could taste neither pumpkin 
or spice
and I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about.
For this I paid four dollars??
Four dollars!!
My French Vanilla beans from Walmart
make a much better cup of joe in my opinion.
And people go to Starbucks regularly??

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry! you will have to come over, and have a pumpkin latte with both a hint of pumpkin and plenty of spice. I do love starbucks frappacinos though. course, you don't have to go to starbucks for those...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they are overrated. Sweet Bay is MUCH better...and the local MOBIL ON THE RUN gas station here has the BEST pumpkin spice lattes..and our QT gas station has the best hot chocolate...I will go there with friends and get a skinny vanilla..or a white chocolate mocha but it's NOT my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been an official SB Barista - I know two things.
    First, she was NOT an official SB Barista.
    Two, she probably made your drink wrong! It should have been a 'knock-your-socks-off' sort of drink - as ALL real SB drinks are. (Wink, wink)

    I still have nightmares of working there....

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)