Thursday, April 17, 2008

pancakes

pancakes for dinner
YUM!!
We haven't had pancakes in almost a year
cause
you know
half of the batter
is
milk
~
Somehow
we have an excess of milk.
That doesn't happen real often around here;
usually
we're rationing it.
Josiah is in heaven!
~
I decided to make pancakes for lunch
only
to found out around 11:45
that we had no syrup!
The boys had been so looking forward to pancakes
and I'd already had the flour soaking
so I figured we'd just have them for dinner.
Lana picked up syrup
and
since it was dinner, not lunch,
I had her get some strawberries and cream, too.
(Tyler always says it feels almost like cheating
like
we're having dessert for dinner)
Then
I had Tyler get more strawberries on his way home
cause when I went to get them out of the fridge
there were only SIX left!
~
I suppose
it could have something to do with how long it's been,
but
we all agreed
they were some of the best pancakes we've had
(even though I did forget the eggs...)

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmm.... yummy, I need your pancake recipe!
    I know, I know, you don't *have* a recipe. Still, PLEASE try to remember what you did, because those were the very best ever!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)