Sunday, December 28, 2008

my genius husband

Tonight
we were in the middle of another building project
- shelves, this time -
(it's almost sad how proficient we have become at shelf-building)
and Tyler decided to get the soup warming up for dinner.
Slave-driver that I am,
he figured if he waited for me to get it warming
it'd be several hours still before we ate...
I asked he'd turned the burner on good & low.
Didn't want to risk a pot of 'smokey' Turkey Noodle Soup
(with the turkey, this time - sorry guys!)
He said
"I put it on 7."
Seven?!
Eight
is as high as the stove goes!
Needless to say
I flew to the kitchen
where I found
that he had brilliantly
fashioned a double boiler
in which to heat up the soup
risk-free!
In all my years of cooking
it has never once occurred to me
to heat up a thick soup this way.
Pure genius, I tell ya!

3 comments:

  1. That IS brilliant!
    I've taken to re-warming soup in the microwave because of the high risk of burning it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! The only thing I really want to see is you FLYING to the kitchen! Dave would never have thought of this - microwave all the way for him - he burns water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information.. Hi dear, This is an nice and valuable post thanks for this information! If you are looking for Diamond Necklace Set for Bride and diamond necklace set with price Then you can Visit muchmore.co.in!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)