Tuesday, March 3, 2009

kid stuff

Yesterday
Tony was going to run to Walmart and take Josiah with him.
Earlier in the day, Josiah had put on ‘fancy clothes’
(which simply means the shirt had buttons)
As Josiah was putting on his shoes
(his Spiderman winter gators -aka crocs- which did not go with the outfit)
Jeremiah asked, “why are you going?”
To which Josiah replied,
“I’m the handsome one. I have to go.”

Jeremiah came in the house with the first dandelion of the season.
“You know, you can eat these.” he said.

And then he grabbed the honey.

“I figure it’ll be good with honey on it.”
~
Lily saw I had something in the oven.
She dug out some oven mitts and hollered out,
“Move back, move back everyone!”

Then a few seconds later I heard,
“I can’t open it, Mom.”
~
Not to be left out….

Lexi and Dad were thinking
maybe...
Monkey Girl
for her nickname?
Umm
I don’t think so!

5 comments:

  1. How hilarious! I love the monkey pic -especially the eyes! (Monkey Girl is better than Apricot Ears - Adrienne's nickname.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I first wrote EIGHT kids but then I second-guessed myself. I searched through many of your old posts and could only find mention of Tony, Lana, Brandon, Jer, Jos, Lily and Lexi so I concluded I must have been wrong on the 8!I checked your hubby's blog and his said he's a father to 7! Thanks so much for sending them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!

    Did Jeremiah enjoy the dandelion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun filled kid-kinda day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! Miss those days of childhood funny quotes and thoughts. I loved the dandelion with the honey! I'm surprised one of my boys had not done this. Kudos to you for letting him do it!

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)