Thursday, March 26, 2009

look who joined our farm

Monday
I called Tyler.
"Guess what the neighbors just got?!
A Great Pyrenees!"
"Cool," he said.
"Well, I'm glad you think it's cool;
it made me cry." I responded.
(lovingly - of course)
See
we have wanted a Pyr for a couple of years.
Tony and I especially,
but Tyler was completely on board also
after a visit to an Ozark farm where he saw a duo in action.
When I told Lana about it
she said,
"It's almost as if they read your private journal
and everything you want
they get."

They moved here a year and a half after we did
but they have managed to stay several steps ahead of us
farm-wise
the entire time.
Of course, their family unit
consists of 4 adults
(his parents live with them)
3 incomes
and 2 public-schooled children
whereas
we have added 2 babies
and lost two able-bodied adults
and
paid off the place
(on one income, while home-schooling)
in the time that we've lived here.

They are very nice people
and they've been quite generous with us,
but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious,
'cause I have been many times.
Tyler is quick to remind me of the above.
But I am not very patient....
~
Meet Bernie
it was raining, his fur will fluff out a ton when he's dry
~
Those same neighbors came over Tuesday evening
to ask if we wanted a Great Pyrenees.
Her parents raise them
(they are quite expensive!)
they also rescue Pyrs.
(not terribly expensive at all)
They had recently acquired Rick (the neighbor's) and Bernie.
Once Penny assured us that Bernie would be perfectly happy
in the goat field
but would easily adjust to guarding our whole property
once it is properly fenced (several years off....)
of course, we said, "yes!!"
When Penny told her folks, "They have eight kids....."
they waived the adoption fees and just gave us the dog!

Thank you, Lord, for giving us all of our needs
and so many of our wants

5 comments:

  1. oh, he's a handsome dog! He looks like he might have some retriever in him, by his face. Is he gonna get even bigger? Cuz he's pretty big!
    Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah he's gonna get bigger. penny said he might have some border collie in him

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are light years ahead of your neighbors in my opinion.

    Congrats on the new dog! Is he full grown? He looks beautiful in the pictures. I hear they are great family dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! What a wonderful blessing. We've seen one stop a UPS truck before (by standing in the road and not moving). What a blessing to have great neighbors.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)