Wednesday, May 19, 2010

getting there



I misjudged (shocker!) how long my prep work would take
and Lexi didn't go to bed till after 12:30
so
I stayed up waaayy too late last night
getting my quilt pin-basted.

It's been quite some time since I've done any quilting
so I put together a fat quarter sandwich
and practiced a bit this morning.
I love the look of stippling
but I think I like the drapiness
(spell check doesn't like my word. hmm)
of a looser meandering stitch a bit better
so I'm going with that.


Josiah has been itching to sew lately
and he needed a wallet
so
Brandon helped him make one

check out those stitches!!

There is a pocket for bills
a pocket for change,
both velcro shut
and
a magnetic snap
so when he folds it in half
it stays put.
~
great job, guys!

Tony is a full-fledged waiter now
having finished up his (extensive) training on Monday.
Lexi wasn't real happy for him to head out the door....

We are so proud of you, Bud!

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Did you decide to use the solid backing? I can't wait to see it done!

    The wallet looks great! They did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. white ~ yikes! I've been scared it's gonna be filthy before I even get it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty quilt!
    Sharon B.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)